Archive for September 2014

The graveyard of Kandang Meuh

The graveyard of Kandang Meuh

The graveyard is located on Keraton, Banda Aceh. It contains grave of Sultan Mahmud Syah which ascended the throne in 1870, the princess of King Bengkulu, Sultan Alauddin Mahmudsyah (1760-1764 M), the queen of Darussalam, Tuanku Zainal Abidin, and relatives of the sultans.

Jakarta Kota Railway Station

Jakarta Kota Railway Station

The transportation building was completed on 19 August 1929 with name of BEOS (Batavia Poster Spoorweg Maatschappij) station and was architected by Ir. Ghijsels. The building was built to replace the city’s railway station of Batavia. Until now it still serves as the railway station.

Baitul A’la Lil Mujahidin

Baitul A’la Lil Mujahidin

The mosque is built in 1950 on the initiative of Tgk Muhammad Daud Beureuneh and supported by governments and both local citizens and other areas citizens. It is completed in 1975 and managed by Baitul A’la Lil Mujahidin foundation since 1979. Source: databudaya.net

Ganting Mosque

Ganting Mosque

Ganting mosque was built in 1815 and was completed in 1845 with development funds from the community and help from the Netherlands colonial party. This mosque is the first mosque in Padang with mixture architecture of European architecture and the original architecture of Indonesia. The architecture of Indonesia is demonstrated with five overlap -shaped roofs as one of the characteristics of anci...

Niew Victoria Fort

Niew Victoria Fort

Fort Victoria was built in 1575 during the reign of Governor Gaspar de Mello. It was finished in 1588 then named as Nossa Sendora Da Anuciada which means “Mother Maria is built”. However, the natives named it Kota Laha Fort meaning deep bay/harbor fort. On January 23 1605, the Netherlands took over the fort. Governor of Netherlands, Arthus Gysels, enlarged and extended the fort so th...