Archive for September 2014

Geological Museum

Geological Museum

The geological Museum was designed by an architect Wnalda Van Schollwenburg and was inaugurated on May 16, 1929, which coincided with the Congress of Demonstration. Initially, the architecture of the  museum was very simple and it resembles a collection documentation room. With the growing number of collections such as rocks, minerals, and fossils from results of a geological survey of...

Sigura-gura Dam

Sigura-gura Dam

The dam is located in Asahan district, North Sumatra. It is the second largest dam in Indonesia. Built by Japanese investors in May 1978 and completed in December 1981 to a  developing and operating factory of Asahan project, INALUM (Indonesia Asahan Aluminum). The dam is also one of the biggest power plants in North Sumatra. It is able to produce electric power up to 206 MW. The water of t...

Curug Cilember

Curug Cilember

Curug Cilember or Cilember waterfall is located in Jogjogan village, Cisarua district, Bogor. There are 7 waterfalls which the forth is the most visited because it is believed that it has special powers such as power of ageless, power of getting mate, and power of healing. There is also a breeding place of butterfly, which is called Taman Kupu-Kupu (Butterfly Park) containing various species of b...

Building of Bank of Indonesia

Building of Bank of Indonesia

This building once named as De Javasche Bank branch Aceh. Built by Netherlands East Indies colonial government in 1918, ninety years after they opened the central office of De Javasche Bank in Batavia in 1828. 14 years after Netherlands Central Bank was built in De Hague (Den Haag) and Amsterdam. The purpose of the bank was to control the wheel of economy, money printing, and money circulation. D...

Indra Patra fort

Indra Patra fort

The fort is one of Hinduism-Buddhism heritage in Aceh. Built by King Lamuri (Indra Patra) in the 7th century. It functions as an asylum of the king and his family, place of worship, defense fort, and weapon storage. Each walls is equipped by holes functioning to point the cannons toward sea.